Organic Cold Smoked Salmon – Sliced – 200g
- Organic sliced smoked salmon.
- The finest organic Scottish salmon fillet, lightly cured and smoked by us in our brick kilns. There is no finer salmon fillet, in our own opinion.
- It’s a slow, hands-on process in which we must gauge the conditions of humidity, temperature and seasonal variations in fish size and physical make-up.
- In the salt-cure, the water in the fish is exchanged for a percentage of salt that prevents the fish from perishing (hence the term ‘curing’). We then air-dry for a minimum of 24 hours before cold-smoking begins.
- The Black Forest oak is left to smoulder gently overnight as the salmon takes on colour and the woody aroma from the fuel. After smoking, the fish ‘sets’ for another 4 hours before we consider it ready to be sliced.
- This gradual, artisan process yields a much less oily texture than many mass-produced versions and offers a perfectly textured fillet with a rounded smoky flavour throughout.
- Ready to eat. Store below 5°C. Suitable for home freezing.
- Ingredients: Salmon (FISH) 97.2%, Salt 2.8% [Allergens in capitals].
- Nutrition per 100g: Energy 802kj/192kcal, Fat 10.3g of which saturates 1.5g, Carbohydrates 0.8g, Sum of sugars 0.6g, Protein 23.6g, Salt 3.05g
- Country of Origin: UK
Local Flavour Ltd / Chapel & Swan is certified to sell organic foods by Soil Association Certification Ltd (GB-ORG-05). Our certificate is available from our control body under the certificate reference DA31001 (licence number).